31 October 2013

Happy Hallowe'en

I vant to suck your blood......
Vintage 1949 midnight blue 4x1 double breasted tuxedo with silk shawl collar and forward pleated trousers, tailored by Hickey-Freeman for F.R.Tripler of New York, $24.99, thrift shop; pleated Brooks Brothers formal shirt, $4.99, thrift shop; black (gasp) tassel loafers by W.S.Foster and Sons, made in England,  $9.99

BOO! Seriously, though, in these days, when the hell else am I going to get to wear something this awesome. Happy Halowe'en.


6 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Love it! You look incredibly sharp.

Best Regards,

Heinz-Ulrich von B.

Anonymous said...

Looking good Mr G, very sharp kit.

Young Fogey said...

Now that you're rich and famous, you could go on a cruise, and wear your tuxedos on formal nights.

Nathanael said...

Very nice outfit. My wife and I did a Phantom of the Opera pair of costumes, which let me break out the full white tie kit, mostly found on eBay ($20 dollar BB tailcoat FTW).

Roger v.d. Velde said...

You're right. I saw a good dinner suit today at the thrift (stupidly more expensive than your great find though) and thought: when would I ever wear it?

We don't celebrate Halloween here officially, though the corporate boys have started to edge it in. I have an invitation to a New Year's party this year, but I'm reminded of last year's fiasco when I wore a topper and tails on the understanding that the dress code was extraordinary dress, but t seems everyone else didn't.

Carmelo Pugliatti said...

Wow is a FANTASTIC tuxedo!
The silhouette is at level of best bespoke dinner jacket of those days,in my opinion.
Incredible the quality of the American ready to wear of the past.