28 December 2009

La Colazione

My Dad is as much of a food junkie as I am. For Christmas, he gave a package of goodies from our local Italian grocer. Included was a jar of Sicilian anchovies, in olive oil, with hot red pepper:
Damn, were these things spicy! But awfully delicious, to. I ate them in a simple manner, atop a bed of baby spinach, dressed only in some of the oil from the jar, alongside a piece of leftover lasagne and a tall glass of old lady soda.
Consumed mid-day, wearing the Kiton brown moleskin pants from yesterdays post.

What more could a third-hand Italian kid want?

8 comments:

Old School said...

Leftover lasagne alla bolognese is the best!

Buon appetito!

Enzo AGC said...

honestly, absolutely nothing. Very jealous of those pants by the way...

OCBD said...

Once again Heavy Tweed Jacket has disappeared.

Let's notify each other when he re-appears.

Sean said...

You know what is also really great? Pancetta. But it is expensive.

Here are simple instructions:
http://blog.ruhlman.com/2009/06/home-cured-pancetta.html

Trust me, it is great.

Anonymous said...

Lasagna + baby spinach salad + old lady soda...

Ma che bella questa combinazione!!!

Anonymous said...

Those anchovies look amazing. My father used to trade his technical services for food with an Italian deli ran by a guy named Tony (aptly enough) when I was a kid, we would get these little cherry peppers stuffed with fresh mozzarella wrapped in prosciutto and soaked in spicy olive oil, my favorite antipasto of all freaking time. Not to mention Tony would always wrap up all the fresh meats in that old school butcher paper. Man I miss those days.

I gotta try some of that old lady soda. I have some French red burning a hole in my counter, I think I'll mix myself a glass.

Gianni3000 said...

Love the blog! But it's la colazione, not il colazione (la prima colazione etc.)

Giuseppe said...

Gianni, duly noted and corrected, thank you.